Our office has developed a completely remote bankruptcy filing process for Chapter 7 petitions, given the current state of emergency in New Jersey. No in-person contact is required to complete and file your Chapter 7 bankruptcy. We can work as follows:
- Client and attorney complete the initial consultation by phone, to determine best course of action.
- If Chapter 7 is the agreed-upon route, attorney will send the Client a full questionnaire to review and complete.
- Client fills out and returns the Questionnaire to my office, via fax or e-mail. All information necessary for completion of the bankruptcy filing will be on the Questionnaire.
- Client obtains 1 or 2 credit reports at annualcreditreport.com, and e-mails PDF copies to my office. We can do this over the phone together, if necessary.
- Client completes credit counseling at debtorcc.org or abacuscc.org. Client sends PDF of certificate to my e-mail box.
- Attorney will then complete the bankruptcy petition and schedules, and review with the Client, via phone or e-mail. Upon client’s final approval, the petition can be filed and the automatic stay obtained, stopping ALL collection activity immediately.
- For the initial filing, no physical signature of the documents is required, until further notice.
- Any in-person meeting or appearance with the trustee or bankruptcy court can be adjourned or completed by conference call. No trip to Newark will be required (most likely).
- And payments can be made by PayPal.